Monday, September 14, 2009

Personal Note – Class 23-24.

I have always kept my blog and work separate and it is rare I will discuss the issues or achievements of professional life in this personal blog. But I deeply feel I owe this to Class 23-24 and with this personal (but public) note lest me say “Thank you” because I was touched and reassured not only professionally but on personal level.

I treat all my students with respect, as adults, responsible and sensible who need not to be reminded why they are here, and to strive for knowledge is in their own best interest. I keep (or try to keep) myself flexible and friendly so I can be reached without a hesitation and with ease if they need me. If they need clarifications, explanations, answers or even personal problems if I can be any help of. But… often after exams I have to question myself. Was it my fault?...

…Was I too friendly with them that they took it too leniently? Did they start to think getting marks is their birth right and it’s not something they have to earn by studying and working hard for assignments, projects and exams? If I was strict enough, if I had created that fear in them, would this result be any different? Was my approach flawed?

When marking for the five different classes and subjects I was beginning to question myself and it was then when Class 23-24’s result came to rescue. I was pleased with an average result of a whole class where around 65% students earned 70+ marks.

Thank you for being sincere with yourself and your studies. God bless you all.

No comments: