Saturday, September 05, 2009

I am back.

Yes I am back. For those who are wondering when did I left anyway? Well, I was disappeared, vanished from the face of the earth, oops, I meant Internet, just after sehri in morning.

Okay okay let me cut the drama short, actually one of my brother’s domain was having some problems and I was checking it out on our hosting service when I noticed this small linked text which reads “un-park” in front of my blog domain. I thought it says “un-parkED” and was wondering why my domain is un-parked? And how come its un-parked if its working fine? So I just clicked on it to see what it was and voila. Everything gone, I started receiving messages like entries deleted from Japan DNS servers, some European servers etc and finally “Successfully Un-Parked and Deleted” and I was like “WTF”. I ran to another tab of browser and typed in my blog address and nothing. It was gone. I went to File Managers and everything was gone. THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. THERE WAS NOT EVEN A CONFIRMATION EEEEEEEEeeeeee

Luckily, when I logged in I noticed my blog version was outdated and I updated it, and it notified me the database was backed-up just in case. I created a new account, parked it, installed the wordpress again and tried to export the database back to new blog, I started to receive some errors because my backed-up database was older version but finally I managed and my blog is back to life.

Phew….

Moral of story, don’t rely on systems, make regular backups of your files and posts.

No comments: