Friday, September 09, 2005

Mr. Bird

In morning, when I was having a mug of tea, mom asked, ‘can you check the duct? (Used for ventilation basically). ‘Okay. But why?’ asked me, she mentioned that she have been hearing some noises from past two days and today is the third she heard something again. So well, there is a locked window cum door, when I opened it slightly; I saw these graceful, beautiful eyes looking directly in mine. (Sorry about the quality of picture it’s just around inch hole from where the picture is taken.)





I am not a bird expert but this looked like an eagle/falcon kinda bird to me. The pictures are more darker but with a naked eye it was more golden brownish – shiny, and did I use the words handsome, graceful, simply adorably beautiful.



So this gentleman was stuck there from atleast two and a half days, probably full three, it looked tired. So now the question, the poor thing will die in there, so how to get it out? The first thing was to close all the fan’s so if it fly’s it should be safe, the second was to create route for it, I closed all other doors just one door open to another room and from there to terrace.

Good, all set, but how or who gonna get it out of the duct? I wasn’t going in (yes I was bit scared :p) this was a wild and huge bird, what if it snatches my eye or something? :p it had strong claws and sharp nails – and just take a look at its beak. I was still thinking, like to throw a ‘chadar’ on it and than get it out etc. In the mean time, mom just held out this ‘danda’ there and just talked to it like we would do with any pet, and asked it to come on grab the stick, sit, and guess what – it did grab the stick with its claws, balanced itself by opening its huge wings while mom pulled it out. DANG…Errrr I was like, wow what a smart bird.




We left it in the terrace to fly off, but I guess it didn’t want to. Maybe it wasn’t wild; maybe it was more comfortable with people around it. If you open the door it was trying to come back in, I wasn’t sure what would it eat and if it eats meat or something, it would be frozen anyway, offered it some water which it didn’t drink in my presence. Later, after around half an hour or so … it did fly off.

No wonder these creatures are worth fortune, it was breathtakingly graceful and beautiful with brains and understanding.

5 comments:

Tigerlily said...

Wow. How amazing to be able to get that close to such a wonderful creature.

Raheel Lakhani said...

I would have shouted like hell, if I was you.

JonyBr said...

Tigerlily : Yeah...sigh

Raheel : *Looks at him with concern*

S.G. said...

hmmm...clever indeed...but sometimes they bite so bad...but still...an adventure:)

JonyBr said...

essjee : maybe he knew if he bites...i can bite harder :p