Saturday, September 03, 2005

Change.

I am one of those who find change, difficult to accept. Let it be my pillow, obsolete software, my mug or whatever. I am in a strange proximity with the things I own, or am close to with. I usually try to avoid change for as long as I can, and it takes ages for me to get used to of it. For as long as I remember I have been using screen resolution 800x600 while almost all the world have moved to higher resolutions. Friends and cousins have started to laugh – and softwares have denied to install on this obsolete system. Finally, after much consideration I decided to move on, and set the resolution of 1024x768, I feel alien in this world. I realized how different things have been for me and for others, as what I used to see would have been totally different for them. It’s been a day and I am still uncomfortable, woeful, may God help me to hang on.

7 comments:

S.G. said...

oh... it is almost same with everyone.
i cant accept to chnage my pillow...no way...but all other things..ok i can compromise... but dont worry..start enjoying n dont think:)

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of higher resolutions, be it personal or otherwise :P And anything less than 1024x768 is very annoying to me.

The other changes? Sometimes I can cope with it, sometimes I cant. So I am sort of beech ki billi, you know.

Change is a constant factor of life. Learn to live with it :)

Raheel Lakhani said...

Same holds true for me.

JonyBr said...

Jazzy : hope so..i m hanging in

essjee : apart from pillow u can compromise on 'all' other things ?:p r u sure?:p

uXuf : beech ki 'bili' mujhay tu pehlay hi shak tha :p i thought u were 'billa':p

raheel : ....sigh...

Sidrat said...

how does it feel now? [:P]

Raj said...

It took me a lot of time to adjust with the 1024x768 resolution.Everything looked so small. But you'll get used to it in 2-3 days max.

JonyBr said...

Sid, Raj, yeah it doesnt feel as much odd as the first day