Monday, August 01, 2005

What will she think?

I was driving back home, at the signal, when the light was red, there was this Rachshaw almost parallel but bit away from my car. A woman of around 28-30 was in and her ‘dopatta’ was hanging out, touching the back-wheel and it was already torn apart, not to mention it was indeed dangerous if it gets stuck in the running wheel.

When we had an eye contact I intuitively tried to point towards the ‘dopatta’ and my lips moved verbally saying it but without a voice. I don’t know what she thought; she instantly turned her face away in anger, muttering something (probably swearing at me).

Fair enough. But a sudden question came in my mind, when she gets home and notices what happened to her ‘dopatta’ what will she think? (a) Will she realize what I was trying to say? (b) Or, she will just think it was another bad day, started off with a guy waving hand at her and ended up with messed up cloths?

7 comments:

KM said...

awe thats a shame...but i understand her position too...it was an innocent mistake on her part...kind of like a reflex..imagine she has to go thru it everyday(that is if she travels by rikshaw everyday)

Asma said...

a) hope so :)

but whatever she thinks ... i feel sorry for her dupata :)

Umema Siddiqi said...

let her think what she wants to. But I am sure, someday, she will realize that you were trying to tell her about her dupatta.

And you, couldn't you just opened your mouth and yelled at her? I know the rikshaw sound is too loud, but atleast you shuld have tried!

Not your fault, waisay bhee ;)

flick said...

hm, well it happens a lot.
but you know you could have done better. you should have used a better sign language, instead of yelling out on her.
it works all the time.

JonyBr said...

Khizzy : I understand that... it was intuitive action from my part & a similar reply from hers.

Asma : me too, hope so :p

Amber : sweeto beta, u r not pakistani women? :p & they think like that bcos 80% of the time it is the case

Dinky : Like i said it was intuitive reaction, second rickshaw was bit far, & third window was closed.

Flick : instead of yelling at her ?? errrr i yelled? kab? kahan?

expressome said...

I'm enjoying your blog...not to mention random thoughts...hahha posts sound like a reflection of the echoes in my head ...very relatable!

=)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Ipod chair porsche 928 for sale in illinois Mazda b2200 chrome grill search caspari stationery http://www.mercedes-benz-8.info/porsche_carrera_gt.html Change coolant in ford escape Cheap+international+phone+calls Hydroxycut hair loss 1997 chevrolet venture recalls