Friday, August 19, 2005

Niqabi

Long ago, I used to teach. And there was this girl – student. She used to wear ‘Niqab’. In all these years I have seen her number of times – simple ‘hello’ ‘hi’s’ – and she was always, in her niqab. And as I understand, it has been her choice.

Few weeks ago I saw her. Didn’t get a chance to meet, but I saw her. She was not in her usual ‘Niqab’. Instead, she was wearing something trendy, fashionable with very short sleeves. Surprised I was.

Later I met a friend who had more family terms with them and I brought up my curiosity – ‘what happened?’ I asked. And he told me she got married and her husband doesn’t like her to wear ‘Niqab’; it’s a shame. He wants to feel proud when she walks besides him. When others look at her and say ‘wow this beautiful girl is his wife’.

So next time you go out show some more skin because your husband wants you to make him proud.

9 comments:

S.G. said...

a usual scenario. i have seen many girls going way beyond the limits just because of their husbands. and even the vice versa.
what so ever..if one knows the reason for which he/she is doing something he/she would stick to it.otherwise its easy and a slippery way.may Allah give isteqamat to all of us.

how is Yasir now?

JonyBr said...

He retained consciousness and spoke. The operation was due today sometime i guess, havent been able to get any details of today yet.

Anonymous said...

Allah ka shukar. May he regain health speedily.

And for that husband, I just hope he gets some sense into his wise head. I mean, come on, how could a ghayrat dar mard invite people to actually look (read leer) at his wife/sister/daughter!

The world is surely going to the dumps!

Blue Water said...

It is sick. But then if as an individual u r strong in yr beliefs, why change them for one asshole?
Another scenerio. If she did it as her personal choice. Lets say she choose not to wear it coz she had refreshed her beliefs... (this might nneed some explanation) I wud then support that. But show off , nah!

flick said...

hm, it happens.
i know another girl who had to do the same because his husband who was a prestigious officer in the army, felt disgraced to walk beside her while she wore a burqa
that was 35 years ago.
things havent change much since then.

S.G. said...

well one thing..here..my father was in army..he hated when me, my sis or my mom even covered our heads then..but alhamdulillah... we stayed firm and he had to stop forcing us.

JonyBr said...

And the life goes on...

Kat said...

well...its a usual scenario....pityful state i guess!

Ali Allawala said...

No offence, but, her husband's brain would have made a thicker milkshake. ;)

HOW can someone be so BLIND?