Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dentist

The dentist thinks I need at-least dozen fillings lol – maybe more. And he would like to extract two of my wisdom teeth, one is already half broken and another, the one which actually never gave me a problem, is such a big threat according to the dentist. Take a look at the picture below.

Photobucket

This is a simple example of angular growth, in this case the tooth is pushing another one, but in my case, the angular growth is inwards, towards the tongue. Now that is fine, the only problem is, according to dentist its pushing the soft bone in a jaw and it might crack it up anytime and that can be a serious problem. And for removal of such a tooth he will perform a surgery and is asking to take a week off from work since the surgery will not be as simple as normal one’s.

I am not completely convinced though, and I am not paying any heed to his suggestion. I will like to take a second opinion (if I am not too lazy). In the mean time, I will try to get my fillings done.

No comments: