Friday, July 22, 2005

Books, Net and blah blah.

God bless KESC, due to their double phase my cable provider’s servers burst and we (the users) are suffering from NO-NET. I am using dialup right now but usually dialup never likes me, I can get disconnected even before I can post this entry and not being able to reconnect, let’s hope this doesn’t happen.

Errr I don’t know what I am writing, I seem to be in a hurry and …khair.

There was another explosion in London today—I think. Whoever these terrorist bastards are I want to line em up and shoot them once and for all.

Sigh.

Mahwash, if you are reading this I did go the book shop you suggested. I bought eight books yesterday. I didn’t find the two books I wanted to buy though.

Okay let me list them; perhaps any of you (reader of this blog) can suggest or provide some pre-reading info about any of the book. BTW do suggest which book should be read first.

  1. Anna Karenina By Leo Tolstoy (I have heard a lot about this one)
  2. Prophets in the Dark by David Kearns and David Nadler (an old read, but its always nice to know how the geniuses reinvent the organizations when they are about to go bankrupt)
  3. Mystical Islam – An introduction to Sufism by Julian Baldick.
  4. A Sufi Saint of the twentieth century – Shaikh Ahmad al-‘Alawi’ by Martin Lings. (ermm I just thought I have heard the name Shaikh Ahmad Al-‘Alawi’ somewhere so just bought it)
  5. Stephen Hawking; quest for a theory of everything by Kitty Ferguson. (She writes about Hawkings quest to find the theory of everything)
  6. Stephen Hawking; A life in Science by Michaed White and John Gribbin

Than finally there are two novels for the times when I have nothing better to do, chosen by a friend ‘M’, when I asked him to get something sci fiction or suspense… one is quite old and I don’t think other one is off my taste either… but anyways, will see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

have read 'stephen hawking:a life in science.'. This is just a biography and a very inspiring one. After reading both the books on Hawkin u may want to read his own book 'A brief History Of Time' thats what i am reading these days...for the 5 th time i think. its hard to absorb but reallly enthralling.

Anna Karenina is longgg so start reading during holidays or when u have a few days to spare from a hectic schedule. i want to read this one but liberty books didnt have it in stock when i asked. :(

happpy reading. :)

JonyBr said...

Whats ur postal address? i will send u the copy of Anna Karenina :)

Where did u bought the brief history of time from? I need to buy this one and universe in a nutshell. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

borrowed it from a friend..he ordered it online from amazon. i'll get anna karenina on my next visit to the store.. u keep the book in case u feel like reading it someday.. :)

S.G. said...

yes KESc sucks...
those bombers..who ever they are they can never be muslims..and even they are so called muslims..they are out of islam...for sure
have read the"stephen hawking:a life.." nice...agreed with Sid

neurotica said...

sorry im doing nothing with the post above but just want to say HAPPY BEARDAY :D

many happy returns of the day.
loads n loads n loads of luv,

jia.

JonyBr said...

Sid : Can i borrow it from u ?:p

Maryam : Yeah thats why i bought it. And i havent found the brief history of time ..if u know where i can find a copy please let me know.

essjee : Agreed. & KESC *bummer*

Jia : Thank u :)... u r such a sweetheart...akhir basha kis ka hu :p

Anonymous said...

lemme finish it... which will take abt a month..i'm not dumb. the book's really complcated. this trying trying to remember all the physics concepts. and then i'll ask my friend and see if i can lend it to u. :)