Friday, April 22, 2005

How When and What.

I am often trusted as a good listener, not that I will (necessarily) provide a good solution nor I may agree to what one is trying to say, but, I give them a good ear. I try to. I have always wondered what really people think and why? I try to put myself in their shoes and often I feel they aren’t wrong (I may still feel this shouldn’t be the way one is thinking but atleast I can’t blame them). From number of experiences I have come to a conclusion that often people only have three questions in mind, when they are in disturb, vague, low, lugubrious state of mind, no matter what the problem is.

How?

When one decides in his/her mind that only ‘this’ (the one that they have in mind) solution is the right one they wonder ‘How’ will this happen. There maybe other possibilities, there maybe other good solutions but they don’t need them. They put this funny curtain over those other solutions and possibilities and blind themselves. They – only want what they have already think of no matter how ridiculous that idea maybe; and just wonder “How” will this happen?

When?

There are two slightly different reasons when the question “when” arise. When they don’t see any possibility or solution they start creating these imaginary happenings, gaining some super powers and changing the whole world, and just start waiting “when” will it happen. Or, when they refuse to do the hard job and get their shirts wet and get/gain what they should achieve, they just stay static, waiting for something will happen and they will be placed where they should be, but, when?

What?

What is the state of mind when one is completely lost, when they even loose hope, there are no when’s and there are no how’s. Just the “what”. Ohh please what will I do?

No comments: