Monday, May 18, 2009

Blue screen of death

And so my day was spent in fixing the blue screen of death (if you don’t know what it is, go Google it). I didn’t really had a relaxing sleep (although I was sleeping the whole day) but there are some apartments near my condominium and almost every weekend there is some sort of a function, and they spoil others peace, with loud music etc.

Anyway, when I woke up (and I didn’t feel fresh because of all that noise they call music) my Mom told me she couldn’t use the PC because it’s not working. Upon inspection I encountered the blue screen of death. I tried to boot the computer in safe mode, with last known good configuration, I disabled the onboard cache and finally I unplugged all the peripherals attached to my PC but all in vain. I was concerned because a lot of data is in that PC which I haven’t transferred to my new one yet. Finally I had no choice but to rerun the setup again.

It’s up again and now I am again going to be lazy and I won’t transfer the important data. Oh and there were other things I wanted to write, but I don’t remember.

Alas, its 4:35 AM and I have to wake up again in 2 hours for work. I am not a big fan of Mondays.

No comments: