Thursday, March 31, 2005

Virtue

She was in a yellow printed shalwar kameez, half sleeves and fitted shirt. Pretty I must say, slightly wavy hair adorned nicely and her specs suited her well. She stepped in, in the same display center I was with my mom. She wasn’t more than eighteen I think, maybe younger. After almost an hour drive and an hour more looking for a proper dressing table we would like to have in those different display centers, her presence was a charm, soothing but than…

…she spoke.

Her words and her prick tone, and she was talking to a salesman who was atleast 55 plus. Probably older than her father, Okay I understand ‘He’ was a salesman & thus polite to his customer (she) – but still. All the appeal I felt moments ago faded away in ashes. All her beauty suddenly only became her quality of defect. Alexander Pope rightly said “Charm strike the sight, but merit wins the soul” the charm could not hold more than few minutes.

Virtue is what I thought about intensely. Why my longing eyes could hardly find it? My ears thirst to hear good fruitful words? Why do I seldom see a selfless smile? Where is the Honor? Respect? Virtue? It is indeed “Harder to be got than the knowledge of the world; and , if lost in a young man, seldom recovered” like John Locke expressed in his thoughts concerning education.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm ...

jia

The Lil fairy & her angel friends said...

"Do not look upon people,look into ppl"...
this is our dillema..i mean teh society..even wen a gal is looked upon or marriage shes looked upon...

Umema Siddiqi said...

Who was she? ;)

Marium said...

My my..noticing pretty girls eh? ;-)
I guess not everyones sweet like me *halo*
Hehehe..how u doin Ati?

we both need a shoutbox on our blogs..what say??

Marium said...

My my..noticing pretty girls eh? ;-)
I guess not everyones sweet like me *halo*
Hehehe..how u doin Ati?

we both need a shoutbox on our blogs..what say??

damned said...

lol, mou kholtay he izzat?

JonyBr said...

Jia : hmmm ...

Unaiza : Sigh. Yeah u r right.

Dinky : I dont know :)

Marium : U know me, first u ll have to explain what on earth shoutbox is?

Damned : mun hi aisa khola tha :p

Sapphire said...

hahaha i know what you mean:P

i knew a hottie...he was so hot and cute...until he opened his mouth and spoke..and then,he was SO not hot!

JonyBr said...

Saphiya : *smiles & nodes his head*

~meyum & a half~ said...

umm that could be compared to men in lahore!ayehai!
but yeah if you can't get decent words out of you then no amount of prettiness will hold anyone..unles...?
hence i prefer being sweet and not pretty;)
yes i know a very very very dumb blonde girly line but it was too tempting!:)

jammie said...

heartening to know that despite the romantic description of the yellow larki, it still takes something deeper to create a true impression. theres hope for men after all!

JonyBr said...

Jammie : Hope is what all we got...all of us.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »