Friday, December 02, 2005

Protective Parent.

My mom is very protective kind; back in school when I was pre-teen to mid teens I almost never got permission to go to school picnics, when they used to go to beaches and lakes etc. and then, I used to think, when I am grown old and have my own kids, I wont stop them and let them have all the fun they can, with fellow pupils.

Yesterday, when my Aunt told me my cousin (6th grader, 10 years old) will be going to sands pit for a camp fire arranged by his school I bombarded her with ten fifteen quick questions, filled with worst possible scenarios what could happen. Who is going to take care of him? And all the “what if’s?” And he is only my cousin. I am not going to be a parent any time soon, that I know for sure, but I have serious doubts if I will be able to keep the promise that once I made to myself. I am still hugely in favor of to let kids go and enjoy, brighten their horizons, but, not at the risk of their safety. I think, I will be a protective parent too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe... there will even come a point in urlife when ull be scolding urself for not letting ur kids do the things u could never do as a kid coz ur parents didnt let u.
life would be so much easier if kids like me uderstood that whatever parents' 'no's are for our own good and only show how much they care for us. :D

neurotica said...

[b]vampiric parent? Burried Alive.[/b]
hehehe jokes apart i just wanna say you are good at this. much better than most others.. i like caring hubbies oh i mean caring PAPAs.. O_o

neurotica said...

vampiric parent? Burried Alive.
hehehe jokes apart i just wanna say you are good at this. much better than most others.. i like caring hubbies oh i mean caring PAPAs.. O_o

Raj said...

As much as we may not like it, we always end up becoming like our parents. Its human nature. You can't fight it.

uXuf said...

But, those kids that have really protective parents learn *NOT* to take risks. And risks, are the only entertainment in life.

I dont want my kids to be like that :S

JonyBr said...

Sid... :~)

Neuro... Aham aham :p

Raj, i guess there is some truth to what u said, or perhaps almost all the parents end up being the same :)

uXuf, u still need some grey hair before u learn words like 'stability' and 'calculated risk' rather than just risk :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow :P

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »