Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Malaysian Independence Day

I was thinking today will be a good day to test my camera, especially in night and the fireworks; so I asked my brother to lets go see some crackers. He was reluctant because of heavy jam and H1N1 but finally I convinced him. And so we left, and right after got stuck in this huge jam at Jalan Bangsar because of road block. Long story short, although I had my tripod with me to test many different settings of camera when the firework starts, but we reached at Dataran Merdeka just a minute ago, so I decide not to set up a tripod.

I was ready with my camera and well, my watch ticked 12 AM, still nothing, 12:01… nothing. 12:02… nothing. Bikes started to make noise, people started to move but no fireworks. Seriously, nothing. What a waste, I was so disappointed. Though I did take some random photos of buildings near by and Lord I was happy, I mean without tripod, without any manual settings for shutter speed or aperture the pictures came as bright as day. I am sure if I used tripod and played around with different settings I can get awesome stuff. But I hated the fact that there is no proper skyline, no proper view of anything, the city is so congested with poles, wires, trees, buildings, billboards and God knows what.

Anyway, no firework photo for you, you can enjoy this little flag glued on our window. Happy Merdeka – Happy Independence Day to all Malaysians.


Photoshop used for:
Watermark
Resize


Photobucket

No comments: