Monday, April 20, 2009

Woods Camp

Woods Camp – a lot has been written on it on various blogs with many amazing pictures and videos as well. Here is my version.

As mentioned by Mr. M the idea of this camping date’s back to August 2008, right after the first camp, there are very few people with amazing ability to turn ideas into reality – and one of them is Mr. M. he proved it once again.

Around a month ago I first found out about the camp but I wasn’t sure if I will be able to join it for many reasons, some of which were personal and some family related. In the end I did make it.

During the course of preparations, arranging, settling things, marketing etc and God knows what else, I used to get updates mostly from Mr. M and partially from the Committee Members or Ms. Y. It looked promising knowing there were so many colleagues and friends who were willing to join along with the students. But disappointingly some of which couldn’t make it at the end, with the reasons ranging from business, family and personal choice. Similarly some of the students couldn’t make it either.

We ended up with thirty eight participants. Mr. M asked me few times to join him while he was arranging things but I was never able to make it because of my contact hours during work. On 18th of April when we got there it was my first time to see the place. Let me list down the Good(s), the Bad(s), the Cute(s) and the Ugly(s) of the experience.

I might post some photos later (if I am not really lazy) otherwise if you are a camper drop a comment or email and I will send you some. Or collect a CD from me once I burn few.

The Good(s)

-Finally going there on Woods Camp in reality.
-Being away from Kuala Lumpur and work
-Amazing view of nature, trees, crystal clear fresh water. (Not to forget ice cold)
-Independent and responsible committee members (Hats off to you guys)
-Decent transportation (it was a mess last time)
-Just laying down in the streams (it was heaven in itself)
-A chance to know a different side of every participant.

The Bad(s)

-Maintenance of the chalet (I would have preferred more cleaner one)
-The place being too big, it was too far away from one place to other
-The HEAT and the HEAT and HEAT and HEAT HEAT HEAT (it sucked out all my energy, specially the second day and I was completely dried out)
-No spoons (yes no spoons, had to eat with hands and I really don’t know how to. I ended up eating not only with my mouth but my chin, cheeks and even nose.)
-Loosing a game of chess from Ms. J (Just Kidding. I know you are a wonderful chess player. At least I won all other 3 games I played with others)
-The fact that I would have loved some others to be able to join the camp, but they couldn’t.


The Cute(s)

-The Poser Monkey.
-There were many participants who were cute in their own way, and since I don’t write the complete names there is no point to mention the initials.

And the Ugly(s)

-The waste. Either from one of the participant or the Monkey. But I hope it was the monkey (kidding)
-The Lizard (or was it crocodile/dragon?) it was around 1.5 meter long. Black. Ugly. Disgusting. I went up to the chalet around 2 AM and I saw it on Mr. M’s chalet. I didn’t dare to go closer.

No comments: