Monday, April 27, 2009

RHB bank - Western Union and their service

I am so F******* P***** off right now.

I went to RHB bank just now to receive money thru Western Union, because I was suppose to buy medicine for my 12 year old cousin back in Pakistan, who is Autistic and still doesn’t speak or hold proper social skills. Let me remind you that this is not the first time I am receiving money using same method. Here is what happened.

I filled up the form and went to the counter. “Hello, I am here to receive money using Western Union” and I handed over the form.

“Do you have your Passport?” asked the lady

“No, I have my ‘i KAD’ (Expatriate Identification Card)” I produced my I KAD

“I am sorry, you need to have your Passport” she said

“But I have my i KAD, you don’t expect me to carry my Passport all the time, do you?” I said, knowing that I have used the i KAD countless times for both Western Union as well as Money Gram.

“Maybe at other agents, here we need your original Passport” she sounded confident which made me more p****** off since just last month I received money from the same bank as well as same branch and I told her so.

“Just last month I used it right here on this very same counter” Now I wasn’t smiling anymore.

“Maybe last month, now we don’t, this is a big amount”

“It is exactly the same amount I received last month; it wasn’t big amount last month?” I was being sarcastic now.

“No we need passport” Now her customer service sweet smile was gone and she sounded agitated as well

“Why the heck not the i KAD? I don’t make it at home, your Government gives me this card, Immigration told me I can use this anywhere instead of Passport as my authentic identification, you can even verify my finger prints from the database right now, you can even verify this card is authentic using simple SMS service to immigration” My voice was defiantly raised.

“But bank policy changed” It was clear she was out of excuses.

“I don’t see any notification posted, perhaps you have some notice or memo you would like to show me?” She kept quiet, and I tried to lower my voice and politely asked again “would you please confirm it once again from your superior, I am telling you I have received money using my i KAD previously several times” and she went away to consult someone.

After few minutes she came back with this guy who didn’t even greet me with a hello and said “Sorry, our system went down, cant process Western Union requests right now”

My Blood Pressure jump to my tamples again.

“I am sorry, this is just an idiotic lie, but let me ask you this, this means you are saying I can use my i KAD but only your system is down right now – correct? So I will wait right here till your system comes back online” I was bluffing, I didn’t want to collect the money anymore, I was simply just angry and I was seriously thinking to bring it higher and complain.

“No” he replied with blank and confused look, I am sure he wasn’t used to of getting someone who will argue. Maybe most people just go back when asked.

“You know what – Sir, I am really, I mean really disappointed in your service and behavior right now, and I will make sure you have to give an explanation for all this” I spoke slowly and angrily “May I know your name and designation?”

His eyes widened and narrowed, and you won’t even believe what he did. Can you imagine? He babbled “Oh and …. That is there” and run away in one direction out of my sight, pretending he just remembered something important and avoiding telling me his name. Arghhhhhhhhhhh

I was so P***** off.

No comments: