Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ulcer

It turned out my hiccups were just the beginning phase of my ulcer which hunts me every now and then. Yesterday my ulcer pain returned, one of the worst since I have been to Malaysia. Knowing myself, I have avoided too much of spicy food during Ramazan because I didn’t want any trouble and it went just fine till the last day, but then it started. I was wondering what might have caused it, as I know it won’t just start with one meal; or just in a day, something was pinching it during the course of time. And my conclusion is it was the Murtabak which I often had in Ramazan. Although it’s not spicy, but its fried, the oil (and God knows what oil they use) and probably the other “secret” ingredients they use… hint hint MSG etc.

I have had the worst ulcer pains and this wasn’t one of them, but it was enough to make me uncomfortable and freak me out because I know how painful ulcer can get, trust me if you must pick a pain, you will never pick an ulcer pain. I have lost the chemical compound name of the medicines I was suppose to take, so in the mean time I have been on Antacid, Anti-flatulent and Zantac etc.

Ah well, this was the Eid holiday for you.

No comments: